WPPA Parent Code of Conduct
As a WPPA Parent, you hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child participating in WPPA by following this Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all children and coaches (including those of an opposing team). This applies to every game, practice, or any other WPPA event.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all umpires, league officials and parents at every game or event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of all children on all teams ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will ask my child to treat all other players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and parents with respect.
- I promise to help my child enjoy WPPA by being respectful to all players, coaches, umpires league officials, and parents.
- I will insist that all children play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for all children and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all WPPA games, practices and events.
- I will remember that WPPA activities and games are for children and not for adults.
- I will do all I can to make the game fun and safe for all the children involved in WPPA.
- I understand that WPPA is a volunteer organization that requires all parents to participate in activities, such as registration, fundraising activities, scorekeeping, and/or coaching.
Any parent in violation of the code of conduct may be asked to leave the vicinity immediately and be suspended the following game. Repeat violations may cause a multiple game suspension or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all games and ultimately lose the privilege of having their child play in the WPPA.