WPPA Parent Code of Conduct
As a WPPA Parent, you hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child participating in WPPA by following this Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all children and coaches (including those of an opposing team). This applies to every game, practice, or any other WPPA event.
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all umpires, league officials and parents at every game or event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of all children on all teams ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will ask my child to treat all other players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and parents with respect.
- I promise to help my child enjoy WPPA by being respectful to all players, coaches, umpires league officials, and parents.
- I will insist that all children play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for all children and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all WPPA games, practices and events.
- I will remember that WPPA baseball is for children and not for adults.
- I will do all I can to make the game fun and safe for all the children involved in WPPA.
- I understand that WPPA is a volunteer organization that requires all parents to participate in activities, such as registration, fundraising activities, scorekeeping, or coaching.
Any parent in violation of the code of conduct may be asked to leave the vicinity immediately and be suspended the following game. Repeat violations may cause a multiple game suspension or the season forfeiture of the privilege of attending all games and ultimately lose the privilege of having their child play in the WPPA.