WPPA Fall Ball
Fall Ball Information (Fall Ball Registration is now closed):
Registration Timing: Early Registration starts on July 1 at 8:00am CST through July 14. Late Registration begins on July 15 and ends on July 23 at midnight.
Registration Fees: $130 per player for Early Registration. $155 per player during Late Registration.
Included: 8 games (plus playoffs for Fall Baseball only). Uniform includes Hat and Jersey.
Registration Requirements: Birth Certificate is required for anyone new to playing at WPPA. Age Requirements can be found here.
Game Time Frame: Weekend of August 21 through mid/late-October (no games during Labor Day Weekend). Practices are not required.
Fall Baseball Details:
- Games will be played on Saturday and Sundays. Teams will play (weather permitting) 8 games followed by a playoff in late October.
- There will be 4 baseball leagues: 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U.
- If the number of teams allow each league will be further divided into Blue (least competitive, for at large players), Gold (competitive, for full teams), and Red (most competitive, for full teams). All individual registrants who are not on the roster for a full team will be placed in the Blue division.
Registering a player as an individual, not part of a pre-set team? We welcome individual registrants and will place these players on teams in our Blue, less competitive, division. If you are registering individually and want to be placed on a team in a competitive division, this is sometimes possible but requires coordination with coaches in those divisions. Contact Matt Rich (Fall Baseball Commissioner) in this case.
Coaches: Registering a full or partial team? To register a full or partial team, simply instruct your players to register individually and to enter your First and Last Name in the "coach's name" field as they register. Also, the coach must send a roster to Matt Rich to confirm against the registration data. If you have a partial team, we will assign 'at large' players, who registered individually, to fill out your roster.
New Coaches (or Coaches who did not coach in Spring 2021 at WPPA): New coaches are always welcomed. Email Matt Rich indicating your interest.
Fall Softball Details:
- Season will be an 8 game (weather permitting) round robin style schedule. Games will be scheduled on Sundays and run until mid-October.
- There will be 4 softball leagues: 8u, 10u, 12u and 14u.
- WPPA Fall Softball is aimed at providing additional on-field experience to girls across our age levels. Whether you are building upon prior softball experience or new to softball – you are welcome. Our coaches will be encouraged to allow girls to try new positions or just focusing on mastering positions from prior experience.
- Consistent with the more relaxed nature of Fall Softball – teams will not be assigned practice slots.
Registration and Team Assignments: The Fall Softball commissioner will work with the coaches to try and field balanced teams across each age and will do our best to honor but cannot guarantee “play with” and preferred coach requests. Please utilize the Play With and Coach fields on the registration form. Please refer any questions to Jason McClain (Fall Softball Commissioner).
Coaches: Returning WPPA Spring 2021 Softball Coaches: Instruct your players to register individually and to enter your name in the “Coach” fields on the registration form. Send a roster of anticipated players to Jason McClain. If you have a partial team, we will work with you to assign “at large” players to your team.
New Coaches (or Coaches who did not coach in Spring 2021 at WPPA): New coaches are always welcomed. Email Jason McClain indicating your interest.
Full Team Sponsorship:
Cost is $250.00.
- All players on that team will wear jerseys that display two lines of your choosing (i.e. company name in line one and website in line two).
- Placement on our website homepage, www.wppachicago.org, in the rotating sponsor carousel.
WPPA treats Sponsors as team members of the community and encourages Sponsors to attend games.
If you have questions about becoming a sponsor, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.